Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Objectified Response- Dyson Design


    After watching the documentary Objectified, the one thing that intrigued me the most was definately the way in which Dyson vacuums are designed. (more specifically cordless ones) As they are explained in the film, they are for the most part made to more explicitly show the way in which they work quite clearly, which I think is pretty useful design-wise when it comes to vacuums. a good mix of addition to a design in order to show functionality, and simplicity to make it understandable. I decided to build a model of one of the many varying cordless designs, the one I like the most.

    What I enjoy the most about the design is that it communicates clearly with its bright red buttons where you can detach parts of the vacuum to attach other parts for your cleaning situation, whatever that might be.
The dust tank is also right at the top so its really easy to tell if your vacuum is full or not. the button to open the tank (the red button on the handle) is also right at the top so its super easy to empty as well. 
wow! it almost makes vacuuming fun! if you enjoy cleaning that is.
all in all, I think that it's just a really well designed vacuum. easy to use, easy to understand, as good design should be.


















1 comment:

  1. This is an exciting journey, unfolding with your strengths and intuition. Love it. 💖

    ReplyDelete

Papercraft Object: Prototype

Here is my first attempt at building the creation I made previously in Rhino, The Great Deku Tree. As a side note I opted out of adding the ...